Progesterone test

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

willthiswork Posts: 1995
Hi girls, I had a progesterone test last week and it turns out I did ovulate (wayhey!) Anyway, do they test for pregnancy in that test? I know blood tests would work that early (day 18) but do they do it in a progesterone test? Thanks!
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Just wanted to say that is great news willthiswork, sorry don't know the answer to your question :wv
sally Posts: 1140
thats good news..... dont think they test for pregnancy in that test unless the doctor specifically asked for it.
Thanks girls. Got my period today though :-(
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hey willthiswork, Ur progesterone levels would indicate if you are pregnant aswell - sorry ur af came, that's crap. Hope ur alright - probably like myself, u come to expect it now each month and not to get ur hopes up! That's great news that ur ovulating - was just telling Sally they've put me on clomid for 3 months to boost ovulation, so we'll see how that works - might end up having twins! Hope ur ok :wv
My doctor wanted to put me on clomid but he hasn't checked my tubes and I'm a bit apprehensive about going on it seeing as I'm a twin and there are twins on both sides of the family as well. I kind of thought this might have been our month. Hope you get your bfp soon!
Yeah, there's a 10% chance of multiples, so it's good to know this upfront! I'm a lot more relaxed about things, now there's a plan anyway - just have to take it a step at a time. Is ur doc going to have a look "inside" at some stage?
I don't know what's happening. My doctor just sent me a prescription for clomid in the post which kind of freaked me out cos I know I'm ovulating and don't see the point on being put on something to make me ovulate without checking to see if my tubes are blocked. I've only had blood tests so far. Good news though is I'm finally losing weight!! I joined weight watchers and lost 3lbs in my first week so hopefully if I lose some more it might make a difference, of course I wasn't heavy when we started ttc so maybe its irrelevant! How are you finding the clomid?
Good woman wtw! I could do with losing a bit myself - might take a leaf out of ur book. You're right to question things - i did the same. The reason they prescribe clomid to women who already ovulate is that it can produce a "stronger" ovulation - because u take it very early in the cycle, it can help produce better quality egg(S)! and lead to a better cycle in general. It can also help with luteal phase problems (like i have), as better ovulation can lead to a better cycle in general. I know ur cycles are a little short, so it can make ur cycles longer and have a longer luteal phase (mine is a little short at 11 days, so i'm hoping it's extended this month) My gynae told me it would double my chances and i like those odds! It's only for 3 months anyway, so worth a go at this stage. The side effects can be bad but i'm grand so far - just finished my last tab (on day 7 now) - have had a little cramping but nothing major. Will let u know how i get on but to be honest, i'd give it a go.