Promised DH no more testing...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
...till next Saturday 27th :o( AF due next Tuesday. Tested with First Response on Friday and got a BFN (Butterfly - same as me - it's too early). Tested yesterday (Sat) and today and got a "ghost line". Have no way of posting it but all I can say is that it is much fainter than even Shorty's line appeared to me in her thread. It's barely there at all, but it's definitely something that wasn't there initially and it came up within the 3 mins (tho not straight away). Have been googling (of course) and found this can be due to: 1) testing too early 2) an evaporation line occuring in the test = BFN 3) a "chemical" pregnancy, where implanation only lasted a short time (surely I would have been bleeding already in that case???) We don't know what to think. Our heads are wrecked and it's so hard trying not to get our hopes up after the m/c in Nov. I still have NO symptoms at all. I'm going away with friends for a couple of days so agreed with DH not to test till I get back next weekend. I will probably do a sneaky test just for myself on Tues tho as I don't want to be downing the cocktails with the girls if I shouldn't be! My head is so wrecked! Bloody First Response!
TheBigDay Posts: 651
Hi BlackCat, Hope you are doing ok. I can totally relate to how wrecked your head is! I too think you should wait as long as you can before testing again. However, I do think the sign of any little bit of a line is hopeful. This link might be helpful to you, it has photos of actual tests on it: http://www.twoweekwait.com/peesticks/ Take care, and enjoy your few days away. TBD
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Oh Blackcat, you poor thing. It does sound promising that the faintest of lines showed up. You are better off not to test again until at least Tue/Wed. Your head must be wrecked. Try and stay busy over the next few days. I have also promised myself i won't test until at least the day AF is due. It is so hard. I have a first response left over from last month and have asked DH to hide it so i won't be tempted :o0 Fingers crossed for you and i hope all works out. Just remember we are all here for u. :babydust: :wv
[quote="TheBigDay":2tiho15c]Hi BlackCat, Hope you are doing ok. I can totally relate to how wrecked your head is! I too think you should wait as long as you can before testing again. However, I do think the sign of any little bit of a line is hopeful. This link might be helpful to you, it has photos of actual tests on it: http://www.twoweekwait.com/peesticks/ Take care, and enjoy your few days away. TBD[/quote:2tiho15c] Thank you so much! :thnk :thnk That is a brilliant website for anyone using these tests! I have seen a couple of "positive" peesticks (love it :o0 ) that look a hell of a lot like mine. So still head-wrecked but a bit more hopeful. Am going to do my best to hold out. T
TheBigDay Posts: 651
Now I am all excited :o)ll I still think you should hold out for another few days to make absolutely sure! Don't forget to let us know!
irish bride Posts: 558
I have everything crossed for you hon, best of luck with it. :xxx
NotHere Posts: 10273
Oh Blackcat!!! I really hope that this is it!!! Test agin on Tuesday because if it's like Shorty's it'll be stonger by then!! OMG, fingers, toes etc crossed and I'll say a prayer for you too. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
sally Posts: 1140
That sounds really positive Blackcat.... anyline is good. But still Id hold off testing for a few days so it gets stronger.... no way id hold out till saturday though. It will be on your mind all the time. What your hubby doesnt know wont hurt him. Oh best of luck.... im sure your pregnant :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
I thought the exact same Sally re what DH doesn't know won't hurt him! We'll see. If I get a v. definite BFP will tell him. Will keep any ambiguous results to myself! I'm telling you my nerves are shot to pieces with all this!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Please God this is your month hun, you really deserve it :o)ll :o)ll