Pronovias dresses? Barcelona or not?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Norah Posts: 3
Rice n'Roses in Douglas, Cork stock Pronovias dresses. I tried one on there last Saturday & it's gorgeous.
MRSMC06 Posts: 154
Hi Moo 2 I was in the same boat as you last year and in the end when I found the Pronovias dress I wanted I priced flights and Hotel for Barcelona and between getting fitting, going back a forth, it was going to cost way more. If I was you, I'd price around, I got mine in Patricias in Newcastle West and saved €600 from shopping around! check all the bridal shops that stock Pronovias and ask them how much, you could save a fortune! Good luck, can't wait to wear mine in 10 days!!!
gwilson Posts: 18
Can anybody tell me the price range of pronovias dresses in ireland? I know the range is probably huge but just a ball park figure? I love the dresses on the website but not sure if they are in my budget it or not. Also is the 2007 range in shops yet? I have tried calling 2 places but am abroad for the next few weeks and can't seem to get through. Cheers girls
MRSMC06 Posts: 154
I'm wearing the Babel, I love it, just what I had imagined. Your going to look fabulous so don't be put off by what others say. When I brought my Bridemaid to see my dress, she thought it was very plain and wasn't pushed on it! but I loved it and it was just me! Go and try it on and then if you feel wow, then its for you! Good luck..
the babel is absoloutely amazing, i loved it as well. its really classy and elegant! i am sure you will look beautiful.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
[quote="Moo 2":127oxn7q]Ladies, Just spotted a gorgeous dress from Pronovias. I cant believe Ive found a dress I love. the rest were all I liked but this is the first one that I love. :lvs My question is Is it worth the money on flights, hotel, transport, food etc. to go to Barcelona for dress? I dont need a holiday so it wouldnt be for that. I would only go if I made a saving of about E500. If anyone could help Id be most grateful. thanks :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Im so excited I saw one. Yippeee.[/quote:127oxn7q] talk to trooper about this she has just got her's over there in Barcel. she has a topic on OF called im back!!! you can see the dress she picked! hope this helps
Trooper Posts: 2155
Moo2, i have a list of the spanish prices for pronovias in another thread. Which dress do you like? You will need to phone around the stockists in ireland to see if anyone is stocking it, then compare to the prices in spain. If the dress is reasonably expensive (which they CAN be), you'll make more of a saving over there. TBH i went to barca for the choice, not just the cost. I also booked my flights ages ago on the strength of the 2006 collection, but luckily enough fell in love with the 2007 collection even more so. I don't consider the cost of the flights and hotel an extra though because i didn't have a foreign holiday this year, the flights were so cheap and we did plenty of sightseeing on the sunday. Barca is VERY cheap to eat out in too. I think the babel is from the 2005 collection btw.
Trooper Posts: 2155
[quote="gwilson":3v4hbzko]Can anybody tell me the price range of pronovias dresses in ireland? I know the range is probably huge but just a ball park figure? I love the dresses on the website but not sure if they are in my budget it or not. Also is the 2007 range in shops yet? I have tried calling 2 places but am abroad for the next few weeks and can't seem to get through. Cheers girls[/quote:3v4hbzko] Well, going on the spanish prices, the irish prices will probably range from 900 euro to 6000 euro (for the non-designer ones). :eek
I think they bring out a babel evey year slightly vaired. i tried on one from both 2006 and 2007 and there wasn't too much of a difference. there are some on ebay for sale - not sure if its a route i would want to go down but at least you can see the dress on actualy brides. the flagship store in london's date keeps getting moved forward!
fogot to say thanks Trooper for the info can you point out exactly where the price list is please I am not very good at searching this site! thanks again g