Pronovias dresses?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

d\'wifey Posts: 166
Hi all..just wondering for anybody who has bought a Pronovias dress or even tried them on i have a little question...On the website they all look very tight fitting on the models im just wonder would you have to be very slim to wear these gowns because i have fallen in love with a couple of them. I am a size 16 but im fairly toned as i go to the gym most days but im by no means a skinny girl. Any feed back would be brilliant..thanks :wv
stellam Posts: 131
haven't tried one on but was in a shop with similar dresses, the material is gathered across the waist and hips, anyway the lady in shop said they're fantastic cause they hide every bump, she had someone in that had just had kid and felt fantastic in the dress style. good luck. i'm hoping to try them on soon (size12... more likely 14) - either destafford on exchequer st in town or in bcouture in arklow, wicklow. good luck! http://www.bcouture.ie/
Thanks Stellam..that reassures me a bit! Like i said im not massive but i do have a bit of a tummy an a butt..im a 16 headin for d 14 (at last) but i dont want to aim to be a size 8 on my weddin day cos its never goin to happen anyway! I'l def try trying them on now :o)ll :o)ll all excited about dress shopping now! Anybody else with feedback????
good luck - my mum keeps at me to lose weight, but i'm beign realistic, i't snot gonna happen!!! h2b happy the way i am and would prob be disappointed if i did lose it as i tend too lose the bust when i'm thinner!!!
Im the same lose if off top too! I'm not goin to kid myself..there's no point i like my food too much but i do want to slim down a small bit! I think once your happy in yourself and h2b is happy..who cares!
yup it's allo about being happy and healthy, you can be a size 14/16 whatever and be fit as a fiddle! havent tried on dresses yet but have appointments, can't wait!!!
pops15 Posts: 78
Bridetobee, The pronovias dresses are so well made they'l disguise any lumps n bumps! I have large hips and couldn't believe how flattering the dresses were on me. Do try them on and see. Let us know you you get on Pops *)
Thanks girls..i was gonna rule them out because of how fitted they looked but in definately try them now..cheers