Proposals - how did he/u ask? - Page 5

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

macer1ster Posts: 36
I did the asking on Valentines day, I bought the biggest and the most tackiest diamond (glass) ring I could find. I spent all evening making a fab dinner with champers and candels the whole works. He came in from work (I was a nervous reck) he was a bit surprised at all the effort I went to, but he sat down eat his startedand and his main course, ( I played with my food as my stomach was in bits) I had got a bakewell tart (he loves them) I cut the top off and scooped out the filling, I wrapped the ring in red tissue paper, put it back into the tart put the filling on top, put the top on and poured hot custard on it and served it to him. He ate about 3 spoons before he spotted the tissue paper, he picked it out of the tart and while he was trying to figure out what it was I was on bended knee asking him to marry me. For once he was speechless :o0 Thanks god he didn't even hesitate, he said "YES". I had something to eat and a good few drinks O-O It was a great night.
the winner Posts: 4148
Awwwwwww macer1ster fair play 2 u O-O its great to hear a woman asking:D girl power all the way :D
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
H2b proposed to me on xmas eve! He had been out working in the garage for most of the day so was absolutely filthy! I'm a big kid at xmas and always want to open my pressies so we've settled on 1 on xmas eve! He gave me the card and when I opened it, it was one for a fioncee! He said he left it so late to get a card that this was the only one he could get! I just laughed at him! Then he produced the ring and said since he got the card he better get the ring to go with it!!!!!! All this took place in the middle of our room and him in his manky dirty work clothes! :o0 :o0 Couldn't even hug him properly cos I was all dressed up ready to go to mass! N he didn't get down on one knee either! All his friends were slagging him about this so on New Year's Eve in the pub he asked me to see the ring to show to his friend so I took it off and he got down on one knee and asked me again! :o0 Told him he'd get some land if I said no the 2nd time! :o0
Thanks Soon-2b-MrsG, I have to say, I was very surprised just how quickly he got into the hole getting married, booking the wedding thing, he is soooooo into it, it's great O-O
the winner Posts: 4148
Its crazy i know, when we got engaged i was like ok were engaged and had no intention of getting married hahah :D but he had dif ideas and here we are :D engaged since feb and gettin wed next sep:D awwww
I was the same, ok we are engaged..... we wait a while..... then talk about getting married. :o0 But we got engeged in feb and getting married in august It's all good though :xox
Irebride2009 Posts: 211
New York last October! Brought me in a limo to sightsee and then dinner on a yacht on the Hudson that night. PERFECT! :xox
mbbbb Posts: 112
i met him at my front door step when his friends who i knew invited him over. i didn't know him at the time. 7 years later on our anniversary i answered the door to him and in his hand was the ring, he said " i want to ask you to marry me where i first met you" :o0
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
on my birthday at the Lakes of Killarney :lvs
Charli09 Posts: 235
It was all very romantic; H2B took me to Paris for my birthday and he proposed two hours before my birthday, on his knees at the top of the Eiffel Tower with the light display flickering around us like fairy lights. At midnight we found a small romantic restaurant minutes from the Eiffel Tower where we had a very romantic meal and I still have the petals from the single red rose H2B gave to me after we got engaged. :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs