Protein in urine - should I worry?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs..D Posts: 1741
I had my gp visit yesterday and for the 2nd time she said there is protein in my urine. I asked her was it anything to worry about and she said no they would just keep me monitored but unless I had high blood pressure it was nothing to be concerned about. Of course when I got home I did a bit of googling and protein in urine is associated with pre-eclampsia so now I am worrying! Does anyone else have this and was/is it as bad as it sounds??
doolittle Posts: 910
Hi there i all depends on the level. My sis had it at the start of her preg but was told it was cause she had MS so bad and to try to nibble more. Where as I was about 34 weeks when it showed up a trace in my urine. Had high BP as well and swollen legs and hands as well and they were watching for pre ecampsia too but since last week, BP has come down and no trace of protein in urine so dont worry too much. If you check your combined care card it will say trace, or +1 up to +5 the higher the number the more you have. If they were concerned they would have sent you for PET bloods, as they did me which came back normal. This checks for pre ecampsia too. Dont worry and Ive learned not to google things...too much scarey info out there :wv
Thanks a mil for replying Doolittle, the card says a trace so it's obviously nothing to be concerned about at the mo. I had tried to force myself not to google but curiosity got the better of me! Thanks again :thnk
doolittle Posts: 910
Glad to be of help. I shold have said, always just be aware of any changes to your vision and of headaches as these can be a sign of pre ecampsia. As I said, I have the swollen limbs, did have high BP and trace protein and was still fine! Now if only I could get baby to shift...he was due on Thurs :o(
Lots of bd'ing and curry might help :o0 Best of luck, hope your lo arrives soon :thnk