Menu

Provisional Driving Licence

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bonita Posts: 1678
Help Me Girls, I have managed to confuse myself by reading too many diff details from diff websites about what I need to do. Ok I have done the Theory Test I have my passport photos I have my eye test report Do I need anything else? Some sites say to post your actual passport? where do I send them, Ive read to send them to my county council or else to motor tax office. If anybody has done this recently and knows what I should do, I will :lvs you forever if you tell me :wv THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY THIS WEEK HAS BEEN HELLLLLLLL
Chicksy Posts: 709
As far as I can remember, I went in to the Motor Tax office with my application form, my theory test certificate, my eyesight report and the fee and also my passport as a form of ID. She took a photocopy of my passport and then took the rest of the stuff to process it. I got my licence in the post a couple of weeks later. This was a few years ago so it might be different now.
Do I have to go to a certain tax office or can i go to any one in dublin
I think you're supposed to go to the one for your area. For me at the time, it was Ballymun which was also the handiest for me, but theres one in the city centre as well that I think I could have gone to. I think you'd have to go to one within the county you're living in anyway i.e. if you live in Dublin, you can't apply to a tax office in Kildare. It might be something to do with the County Councils and licensing authourities or something. Again, I'm not 100% sure on this so I'm no help whatsoever really! :o0
Thanks a million for your hepl chicksy I think I'll go to nutgrove or clondalkin Thanks O-O
No probs, you're welcome! :wv