Menu

psoriasis sufferers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vivien leigh Posts: 48
Having a bad week :o( , feeling really crap this thing really gets me down sometimes anyone else same?
glitterhub Posts: 441
O:o)
vivien leigh Posts: 48
Thanks Lady, so happy for you that its gone, it must be wonderful not to be flaky anymore! Im here looking up spa breaks away think I could do with some r and r to cheer me up *)
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
HI there have you tried TLO light therapy if not get along to it need referal from gp to consultant I posted about it here and it worked along with emulsifying bath and e45 and I was covered head to foot I think I posted in Health section
pug08 Posts: 205
My sister suffers quiet badly and the minute she finds a small bit she goes on the sunbed once and usually it goes. I know sunbeds are bad bit if it helped maybe it would be worth it.
mischa09 Posts: 1068
Have you tried Dovobet cream? It's really good. I find that if you dont think about it as much it goes away. I do believe it's Pyschological. When i worry about mine it gets worse!! Mischa
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
The actual cause isnt know; some people are triggered by stress, some by diet and some is triggered by the weather but the actual cause isnt known. One study showed a link between the immune system and psoriasis and a lot of people in the study had tonsils removed prior to getting psoriasis. I had mine out at 19 first saw dermatologist after this so who knows so it cant be said to be purely psychological as worry/stress depresses the immune system and then psoriais outbreak hmmmm Wish they would figure it out so we could get an injection and be cured forever
cocoon Posts: 9
Hiya I dont mean to sound like a sales rep but I have had great success with Danne products for clients suffering with psoriasis & excema - might be worth seeing if someone near you does it and have a consultation anyways... Sarah
glitterhub Posts: 441
O:o)