PTSB 1% increase

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dogdaisy Posts: 366
Ladies Just wondering can someone help me. We have our mortgage with PTSB and over the weekend DH and i were trying to figure out how much our mortgage is going to go up by next month. We owe roughly 300k. Im working it out a €300 per month O:| but the papers last week said €60 on ever 100k owned ? Can anyone help before i cry :o(
gottabfp Posts: 5641
they said 180 for a 300k mortgage , its bloody terrible, there will be a lot of unpaid mortages i think
[quote="wannabfp":21eh3qv9]they said 180 for a 300k mortgage , its bloody terrible, there will be a lot of unpaid mortages i think[/quote:21eh3qv9] Oh god i could cry :o( i just dont know how we are going to manage €180 is alot of money. My mortgage will be €1500 a month and we are in negitive equity. I think ill give them a ring to see actually how much its going up. Thanks for replying wannabfp :thnk
I actaully just cant understand how they expect people to manage. That is a huge mortage! , We have a big mortage but luckily we are on tracker. If that goes up before DH gets work i dont know how we will manage. Hope you get better news from the bank.
>:o( No the news from PTSB wasnt good. Our repayment next month will be €1560....thats a increase of €210 !!!!! Im off on a cancelling mission now...the papers, sky, the landline, broadband. It will be like living in the 80's in this house soon :o0
oh my god that is huge! Im so sorry, Hopefully once you get use to it , it wont be too bad.
jen09 Posts: 1390
We were on a fixed rate with PTSB when we got our mortgage, 5.38% & I do not know how we ever mangaged - 18mths of it was when I was out work & we just had to cancel all extras (still haven't managed to earn enough to start health insurance again :o( ). Thankfully we are on a tracker now & I am never selling cause then I have to give that up.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
our fixed rate with PTSB ended last summer thankfully there was a clause in our mortgage offer allowing us to move to a tracker (they were offering this as an incentive for people when there was so much competition only a few years ago). We are so lucky I actually don't know how we would have been able to afford the rate increase they have introduced. We certainly would have had to wait for more than a year for the wedding anyway that's for sure. It's a disgrace.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
We have a PTSB tracker mortgage... but I hear we shoudln't get too comfortable on it as it is very likely to be going up soon too and by alot more than 1% :eek
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
[quote="Diamondz":216w9hz9]We have a PTSB tracker mortgage... but I hear we shoudln't get too comfortable on it as it is very likely to be going up soon too and by alot more than 1% :eek[/quote:216w9hz9] It's bound to go up soon but I imagine it might be a while before it goes anywhere near 5/6%!