Public in CUMH

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cbtb Posts: 413
For all of you who are public in CUMH, I'm just wondering how many visits you've had and how many of those include scans? I've had a scan at 8 weeks due to spotting and the regular 12 week scan. I'm not due back til 22 weeks, will I have a scan then or just meet the gynae? How many times in total do you meet a gynae? Thanks :wv
SaJa Posts: 4282
I'm going public in CUMH as well and I had a scan at 12 weeks and have my first clinic appointment on the 24th of July when I'm be nearly 24 weeks. I'm hoping that I'll meet consultant and have a scan on this date but not really sure what is going to happen.
A friend of mine told me she heard that you don't get a scan on the 22-24 week visit due to cutbacks. I'll be curious to see what happens at your visit. I know if I expect to get a scan and then don't get one I'll be disappointed. Best of luck with your appt Saja.
SaJa Posts: 4282
[quote="cbtb":2e7w7sfo]A friend of mine told me she heard that you don't get a scan on the 22-24 week visit due to cutbacks. I'll be curious to see what happens at your visit. I know if I expect to get a scan and then don't get one I'll be disappointed. Best of luck with your appt Saja.[/quote:2e7w7sfo] Well we have our 4d scan booked for 2 days after our clinic appointment so if I don't get a scan then I definitely have 4d scan to look forward to. I had heard that some people only get the 12 week scan and nothing else after until they is a problem or something. We'll just have to wait and see.
kala Posts: 1937
i think it varies on what team consultant you are under. i am almost 38 weeks pregnant, had early scans due to bleeding, the normal 12 week scan, at 20 weeks met midwife &the consultant and he scanned me, had 32 week check up and met midwife & consultant and was also scanned at this visit, the same happened at 36 weeks and have another next week at 38 weeks. however my friend went public too there and she didn't get as many scans as i did or check ups- so it varies on the doctor. HTH.
Thanks Kala, thats strange that it depends who you see. I'm with Dr Kirkhoff (sp) for my 22 week visit so hopefully she likes to scan. You're very close now, best of luck. :thnk
totalnovice Posts: 787
cbtb i am going public as well & my 22 week appointment is with Dr Kirkoff - here's hoping she likes to scan (i will be very disappointed as well if not scanned then).
Total Novice, will you let me know how you get on? Oh I hope she does, I just like seeing the baby. I found on the 12 week scan I couldn't concentrate properly because I needed to go to the loo. I have found CUMH excellent so far. Hopefully the wait for the appts won't be too long. Best of luck with your visit.
totalnovice Posts: 787
course will let you know. My app is the tuesday after the bank holiday weekend. Am a bit nervous about it all. Anyone know exactly what happens - says on the letter appointment will take at least 2 hours! Must say all my dealings with CUMH have been great so far
kala Posts: 1937
totalnovce, my appoinments at cumh are currently taking between 3-4 hours, thats if you aren't one of te early in the morning apointments- its aboslutely crazy up tere at the mo. my 20 week apponment was at 8.30am and i was out by 10.15, my 32 week appoinment was at 10.20 and i didn't get out till 1.20pm , my 36 weeks appoinment was at 10.30 and i didn't get out til 2pm. at these appoinments you are seen by a midwife and the measure iron blood pressure and check your urine, and then you see the doctor- i've always been scanned by mine but my friend was never scanned by hers - only had her tummy felt and they listened to her babys heart beat.