Puck Fair

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*gone* Posts: 4785
Anyone heading to the Kingdom this weekend? ... (remember the post this time last year?? :o0 :o0 :o0 ) [img:2h9os962]http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~maggiesirishkin/coron.jpg[/img:2h9os962]
clucky Posts: 26471
oh jesus everyone DUCK this went to 20 odd pages last year
pluto Posts: 3893
I just found it!! I was going to post the link, but I'm afraid I'll be accused of all sorts!! O:o)
charli Posts: 5994
oh yeah i remember..............
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I was just thinking about this earlier today!! I was going to mention it but didnt want to be accused of sh*t stirring aka resurrecting old posts :o0
pluto Posts: 3893
While I was searching I found a lovely thread by sexysheila calling us all idiots :o0
clucky Posts: 26471
what this one? oops how did that get there wow only 14 pages
Don't mind all that horribleness from last year - it's great craic!! Pubs open till 3am O-O
Senorita Posts: 3413
What exactly is a puck fair :-8 ? Sorry, I've heard of it all right, but not sure what its about.
[quote="Senorita":2je1xg6u]What exactly is a puck fair :-8 ? Sorry, I've heard of it all right, but not sure what its about.[/quote:2je1xg6u] Three day festival in Killorglin, Co. Kerry. Basically centres around a wild goat who is captured, and crowned King Puck for the duration of the festival. It's a bit grotesque I suppose if I'm being honest, but he's paraded up through the town on the first day and put up in a cage on a tall stand at the top of the town, and brought down again on day three, again with a big parade. It's also a three-day fair, with cattle / horses etc being bought and sold. Then of course you have the knackery-stalls selling all kind of [email protected]!! Have a look on