puff pastry...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger power Posts: 1632
have some in my fridge what can i cook with it? Some thing nice and easy any suggestions will help :o)ll
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I've never cooked with in before but a friend makes a pizza type thing with it that's yum - just basically throw on exactly what you would on a pizza!
ginger power Posts: 1632
Thanks sunnyk your great for replying :o)ll ya seen a pizza online i could do, simple enough, thought tho i could do some thing different, like a pie thingy but not too hard!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Some mozzarella and tomatoes and basil if you have it? Or any cheese/meat and a drizzle of pesto, I had that for lunch yesterday on a panini.
Littlebo Posts: 2598
Have you goats cheese? Puff pastry and Goats cheese is lovely. If you have sweet peppers even nicer.
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
Sweet and sour chicken sesame pie. Make a stir fry, place into small dishes, brush the edges with egg, place puff pastry, brush with egg yolk, sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook on per-heated oven at 200C for 15-20 mins
ianstuart Posts: 1947
I made a peppered chicken puff pastry pie for dinner today. Just cook some chicken add onion ,mushroom and peppered sauce top with the pastry and cook for around 30 - 40 mins. (sometimes i change the chicken to beef ) Another PP pie , chicken , onion , carrots and broccoli and a tin of chicken soup (so east to instead of starting to make a home made sauce)in dish top with PP and cook 30 - 40 mins. Individual pie. Chicken (i eat a lot of chicken :o0 ) Chicken( cut open in the middle) filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon . Cut a large square of PP and in the middle add peppers and onions and a little cheese and wrap the chicken in the PP. Cook for around 40 - 50 mins so the chicken is cooked. I also make this for hubby with beef burgers , onions and a small amount of mustard. Roast vegetable tart , all veg that you like is suitable for this one and your fav cheese , i always use goats cheese. Cut the PP into large squares , twist the top corners together and the same with the bottom. Fill the well with your veg and top with cheese you can add meat as well. A dessert with PP is so yummy and quick. I stew apples and if in season rhubarb ,roll out the PP and in the middle of the roll add berried and pears and the stewed apples. Gently fold over the sides of the PP and nip both top and bottom closed so no fruit falls out. Sprinkle with a little sugar and Cook for 30 mins. Serve with hot custard and ice-cream. Hope it helps , :wv