Pushchair choice!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mooky Posts: 1501
I'm driven demented thinking about puschairs. Had decided on the Quinny Buzz. But then a few friends mentioned that we shouldnt spend too much as the baby will be in a MacLaren by the time its 6-months. Quinny Buzz full package is looking around €900. So then today I see there is a deal in Mamas and Papas for the Pramette. I had originally been looking at the Pramette. Its now down to €650 this is including the car seat, isofix base, footmuff and changing bag (took this price from the UK website and converted to euro) So now I dont know what to do. The reason I was going for Buzz over Pramette was because I'm planning on doing alot of walking so thought the Buzz would be sturdier, but maybe the Pramette would do fine. Aggh O:| Just want to vent! If anyone has any opinions send them on. Thanks
2to3 Posts: 182
Hey Check out the website - ladybugbaby.co.uk - it has amazing packages for all brands of prams including quinny and bugaboo. I rang them to make sure they deliver to Ireland and the cost is about £40 but the cost of a full quinny set including a pram and the maxi cosi is only about €640.
Hi 2to3 thanks for replying. I cant access that site though. Can you send the full URL? Thanks
2to3 Posts: 182
Hey Noli Sorry got that a bit wrong http://ladybugsbaby.easywebstore.co.uk/default.aspx there you go - am deffo going to order from here - hopefully wont get stung with customs taxes though.
madhatter01 Posts: 495
ohh Im also wondering about prams and buggies cannot decide either, will check out that websire, thanks for :wv posting
Babybop. Posts: 592
HI noli if your going for the Quinny buzz i'd stay clear of the 3 wheeler not to sure what the 4 wheeler one is like but i had the 3 wheeler for my dd and end up selling it when she was 8 week old. It nearly toppled twice with her in it and i found it hard trying to go up and down paths or even in my door with it, without it nearly toplling on me. In the end i sold it and bought a Maclaren and love it, i was raging in the end i bought a big buggy.
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="Babybop.":3vox1nut]HI noli if your going for the Quinny buzz i'd stay clear of the 3 wheeler not to sure what the 4 wheeler one is like but i had the 3 wheeler for my dd and end up selling it when she was 8 week old. It nearly toppled twice with her in it and i found it hard trying to go up and down paths or even in my door with it, without it nearly toplling on me. In the end i sold it and bought a Maclaren and love it, i was raging in the end i bought a big buggy.[/quote:3vox1nut] SO many people have said the same about the Quinny.............
yeh. its the one bad thing I've been hearing about the Quinny Buzz. I dont particularly like the look of the 4-wheeler. I wonder if the Pramette is good for long walks? More research to do!
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="noli":22rl5678]yeh. its the one bad thing I've been hearing about the Quinny Buzz. I dont particularly like the look of the 4-wheeler. I wonder if the Pramette is good for long walks? More research to do![/quote:22rl5678] m+p's travel systems dont seem to get much good press either. icandy cherry, bebe comfort loola, phil and ted, bugaboo all seem to get v g reviews. hth
Moet for me Posts: 1841
Found the pramette excellent for long walks on dd and I will use again this time around however I found the carseat cumbersome and almost impossible to use post c section very fiddly had to put seat belt onto back of seat and struggled to get seat away from base so we are getting a new car seat this time around and will leave M&P in dhs car permanently instead of taking it in and out.