Pushchair & Confused

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maybbaby Posts: 24
Hi All Am 24 weeks pregnant and have just started looking at strollers and the more I look the more confused I get. Maybe I am just looking for too much from one stroller. So here is my wish list and any recomendations would be great 1. Light and easy to fold does not take up to much boot space 2. Preferably a stroller that starts off as a carry cot style and then can convert to the sitting up facing me or away from me mode 3. One that has a car seat that can be clicked into the stroller and put into a car base into the car 4. I walk alot so one that is good to walk with around country roads So does this exist. Any advice, pics, and prices etc would be very helpful. PS Do not want to break the bank with this either I have a friend who is paying €800 for hers and really do not want to spend this amount on a push chair.
justwaitin Posts: 2462
have you seen the quinny speedi you get a good price on line for that, its suppose to be great for country walks has an option of a carry cot car seat clips straight to fram, its a three wheeler type.
maybbaby Posts: 24
Thanks for that. What website is good from purchasing from. Thanks again.
mooky Posts: 1501
you've just described my ideal pushchair. thanks maybbaby. I'd be interested in seeing the responses to this. It really is confusing researching the pushchairs.
totalnovice Posts: 787
I found this lovely one online: I didnt go with it in the end cos would have had to buy without seeing it. But when the Quinny Buzz arrived the other day I must admit the weight of it shocked me and hope i wont regret buying this one instead. For ordering online i found Kiddicare brilliant.
alton Posts: 3077
It's a minefield! I've spent weeks totally confused. Don't be mad at me if some of the info below is wrong cos my head is absolutely addled with all the pushchairs I've looked at! [quote:12qjpbq8]1. Light and easy to fold does not take up to much boot space [/quote:12qjpbq8] Get a demonstration of anything you are looking at and try picking it up. Some compromise is necessary here IMO, because the ones that are lightest are the ones that are folded in 2 parts (ie you take off the pushchair bit and then fold the chassis) which makes for a small chassis and 2 light lifts, but the ones that fold up in one go can take up less boot space but are a heavier lift. I hope that makes sense. [quote:12qjpbq8]2. Preferably a stroller that starts off as a carry cot style and then can convert to the sitting up facing me or away from me mode [/quote:12qjpbq8] This narrows the field considerably! The quinny and bugaboo both can be set up so that the pushchair faces in both directions. Mothercare's MY3 and MY4 do as well. I'm not sure that many other models do. [quote:12qjpbq8]3. One that has a car seat that can be clicked into the stroller and put into a car base into the car [/quote:12qjpbq8] Do a little bit of thinking about the kind of carseat you want. Both the quinny and bugaboo are very popular because they are compatible with the car seat that is rated the safest by Which magazine. Does you car have isofix fittings? [quote:12qjpbq8]4. I walk alot so one that is good to walk with around country roads [/quote:12qjpbq8] Big thick wheels then! [quote:12qjpbq8]So does this exist. Any advice, pics, and prices etc would be very helpful. PS Do not want to break the bank with this either I have a friend who is paying €800 for hers and really do not want to spend this amount on a push chair.[/quote:12qjpbq8] First, there are ways of keeping the price down once you've figured out what you want - like looking online or waiting for sales or shopping up north. There are cheaper lighter strollers too that you might want to consider if you are willing to compromise on some of the criteria above - they convert to a lie flat position suitable for newborns, but generally the baby will be facing away, and the wheels tend to be smaller, etc. It's really a matter of working out your priorities, and figuring out where the "give" is. Ask for demonstrations instore - then go somewhere else and get the same model demonstrated again. It's unbelievable how much you'll learn from this!!!! Hope that is a little bit helpful.
princess! Posts: 348
hi im only 12weeks but started to look early as i have only the use of one arm so like you i am looking for something that is light weight easy to fold with one hand etc etc etc i have found the GRACO QUATTRO TOUR DELUXE to be one of the best around. it is retailing at 399euro it comes with a carry tot and base for the car, carrycot (to make it into a pram), foot muff, then a normal buggy aswell. i have seen this in smyths stores, nursery dreams in cork and mothercare. you can see them on the website