putting up train?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23leanne Posts: 761
What way are you guys putting up train.? Are you putting a little button or something on back where you tie up/put up the train on the outer side of the dress or are you putting it up inside the dress like a bustle effect?
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Outside I think!
.... Posts: 667
minnielulu Posts: 358
Mine had a button on the outside (just under my bum :compress ) but I also had it pinned with 2 safety pins from underneath because with the beading on the dress there was quite a lot of weight on one little button so the lady in the shop suggested supporting it with the pins.
Kingston Design Posts: 895
Mine went up like a bustle, I loved it! But yeah, like the other girls have said, I would definitly recommend bringing some very large safety pins/nappy pins! My bustle was held up with a few big poppers and the bustle was too heavy for the poppers so it was constantly falling down-very annoying O:| Even if you're getting a loop or a button to hold yours up, I'd bring a few pins anyway-just in case!
Sheep Posts: 626
Sorry to sound thick but do most dresses have a loop and button on them anyway? I never thought to check mine. My train isn't too long anyway so hopefully won't bother me too much. I guess I can pin it up if there's no loop and button.
Kingston Design Posts: 895
Mine had nothing! The seamstress who was doing the alterations to mine did the bustle for me.
.... Posts: 667
Sheep Posts: 626
Thanks, I know I'll need alterations done anyway so I'll ask then if there isn't already something there.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
My train was quite long so they added ribbons underneath so it could be tied up. It worked great it stayed up all night