Python shocker

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ally Dick Posts: 563
Anyone listening to the Your Call with Brenda Power show on Newstalk this morning ? Heard a shocker about a pet python. This girl who loved exotic pets got a pet python for a birthday present. The python used to lie in the bed beside her. It used to extend to it's full length along the bed. They took the python to the vet for a check up and told him about the python's bed habits. The vet went pale and recommended that the snake be put down immediately. He explained that the python was extending to it's full length as it was checking when it would have grown sufficiently to be able to eat the girl ! I heard another one from a girl in a pet shop about a pet python who had been sleeping a lot. The vet said that the snake was sleeping to conserve its energy in preparation for a large meal. The meal was going to be either the owner or her pet dog....
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Oh my God! Why would anyone have a pet python? Ok, have one but put it in a cage or something. Sleeping beside it??? Dear God!!!
willful Posts: 6822
This urban myth has been going around for years!
torribride Posts: 884
This really freaked me out the first time I heard it then I discovered it was an urban myth!
Ally Dick Posts: 563
Damn. You're right ! http://www.snopes.com/critters/snakes/measured.asp
23skidoo Posts: 1272
Total urban legend. Check out www.snopes.com , that one's been doing the rounds for years. (Direct experience is also at work here - I have 3 pythons at home and I've not been 'measured' yet :o0 ) If anything they would climb into the bed because it's probably the warmest place.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Had a feeling this was an urban legend as I have heard a different variation before... why on earth would anyone sleep in a bed with a python anyway?? Still very freaky even though it's not real!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
it is an urban legend but i fouind pictures on the web ages ago of a snake eating a two year old boy - strangled him and then ate him- when they cut the snake open the boy had no marks on him and just looked to be sleeping - sadly however this was not the case. snakes really do eat people whole!
23skidoo Posts: 1272
Only small people though :o0
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="23skidoo":2ooh9c0c]Only small people though :o0[/quote:2ooh9c0c] :o0 , my taughts excatly - my boobs would choke the snake :o0 :o0