Q. about 28 wk appt semi-p

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybaby2011 Posts: 124
Have mine coming up but I'm wondering will I get a scan at this appointment? I'm semi private in the rotunda. Does anyone know how many scans you get in total? I've had one at booking appt and the big one at 20 weeks so far.
Daff Posts: 11644
In HS sem private you might get a quick one at first appointment and then the 2o weeks one but that's it.
tilsun Posts: 4506
I was semi-p in rotunda and got a scan at every visit. Friends who had gone before me weren't so lucky so I don't want to get your hopes up, but the doctors always gave me a quick scan. All the rooms seemed to have the machines so don't see why you wouldn't :wv
babybaby2011 Posts: 124
Brill thanks tilsun. So I see the consultant then at this appt and not just midwives? Got the scan at my booking in appt in the consultants room with the mini scanner in the room so I assume it's the same procedure at each hosp visit so.
tilsun Posts: 4506
[quote="babybaby2011":1po0kl13]Brill thanks tilsun. So I see the consultant then at this appt and not just midwives? Got the scan at my booking in appt in the consultants room with the mini scanner in the room so I assume it's the same procedure at each hosp visit so.[/quote:1po0kl13] I saw doctor every time after the midwife, they scanned me with the mini-scanner. Hope you get one :wv
mommy bear Posts: 289
Hi I'm currently SP in the Rotunda and have had a mini-scan at every appointment except 1. When i was there last week, I overheard the midwife & doctor wondering about when they were getting a second scanner as there is only 1 and sometimes there are 2 doctors on at a time, so I think it's just luck if you get called to the room with the scanner unless you're there for the booking visit and then you definitely get scanned. HTH