Menu

Q re moving job seekers benifit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me. My sister has just moved back to our home county as she split from her boyfriend & lost her job. She has been claiming social welfare for the last 9wks since she lost her job however as they were living together she was only getting a certain percentage of the full amount. My question is, now that they are no longer together & she is back here, is there anyway to transfer her payment down home or does she have to put in a completely new claim in our home county? Any advise would be most appriciate as I'd like to help her get things sorted asap - she feels like her world has fallen appart :o(
shybride09 Posts: 250
Hi ya-no she can transfer her dole its no problem! She should go straight into the dole office that she is transferring her claim to. then they will get her to fill out a form and that is it, she probably wont get a payment for a fortnight while its being transferred but then she will get a double week or whatever she is due. If she is moving home with her parents then and she is over 25 i think they dont class you as dependant on them and she could get full jobseekers benefit if she has enough stamps. or maybe she could give her brothers or sisters address to make sure she gets her full claim (not that i would condone this of course :o0 )
P.S. I am sorry for what your sis is going through by the way- it must be horrible on her. take care of her x
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
Thanks a million for your reply Shy Bride she went into the Dole office first thing this morning & got it sorted. So fingers crossed she should get something sorted in a few weeks. However the cheeky little *%@* went ahead & gave them my address saying she was renting a room from my husband & I without my sayso & saying that we were friends of her's (not her sister & brother in Law) so now I'm worried that I'll get caught out somewhere for it O:| O:| Trying to be patient & understanding with her but my God she is working my last nerve... shes a little anti-christ O:| O:| But thanks again O:o)
dont worry even if they find out you are sisters you are perfectly entitled to rent a room and receive rent up to the value of 10k (i think) without paying tax so there will be no problems for you. i know it was a bit cheeky she didnt ask you though but she is just going through such a hard time. least she has u looking out for her though :wv