Menu

Q

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
*)
Cowslip Posts: 761
My doctor once advised me that every day was too much and every second day was more the sufficient. She said its wise to let the soldiers regroup !
*)
sally Posts: 1140
I read you should try everyday around ovulation unless there is a problem with the mans sperm in which case you try every second day. Its hard not to dtd when you know your fertile. if you are to ovulated thursday maybe dtd wed, thurs and skip tonight. Also if you make love in the morning the sperm are more concentrated.... i never have the energy for that myself though. Good luck. Lots of babydust to you.
And babydust to you too Sally :wv :babydust:
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Don't forget the sperm can survive quite a while though, I think the most important thing is to DTD the day of or the day before ovulation. That's why I found the OPKs brilliant. By the way, the month I got my BFP we only DTD once the day before ovulation (due to one thing and another) so it just goes to show! Of course, DHs response to that was it's his SUPER-sperm :o0 Anyhow, good luck girls, lots and lots of babydust :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Tigletts is right. I think they can live for 3 days in there (gross) Also it takes about 75 days for a man to produce sperm so he should have plenty of reserves. If the problem is not enough "juice" for them to swim in, get him to drink loads of water and cut down on the coffee as that might help! I think the main problem with DTD too much is that you get exhausted before your ovulation days and can't keep it up (I mean keep going! :o0 ) :babydust:
*)
Sphynx Posts: 6795
[quote="Butterfly06":2xzau3xu]Might give it a miss tonight so, will definitely DTD tomorrow and Thursday though. Do they really live for 3 days? :eek I thought it was only 24 hours!! DH says he is sending his troops into battle! :o0[/quote:2xzau3xu] Yep - those guys can survive in there for a least 3 days and up to 5!!! It's the egg that only lives for 24 hours. That's why the timing is so important! And why the soldiers need to be "on the ground" when it happens! :o0
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Butterfly, sperm can live a few days it's the eggs that only survive 24hrs. Good luck!