Query about The Marvels

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinkerbella2010 Posts: 762
Did anyone have this band for their reception? What songs to they sing and are they good????? :o)ll
Caroline Fraher Posts: 480
I saw them at a wedding before and they are very good. They do stuff from modern pop and rock to seventies and eighties music - a wide mix. I don't think they did any waltzes though so you may want to enquire about that if you want that kind of music.
tinkerbella2010 Posts: 762
Thanks Caroline, would you recommend any other bands that would play in Cork. I'd love a band that will please the younger and older generation!!
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
the Marvels are brilliant but definitely not your typical wedding band!! ask Mrs Ashbride over on the newleyweds section somewhere - she had them for her wedding a few months ago - she raves about them Siobhan
Caroline Fraher Posts: 480
A friend of mine had the Boogie Band and I thought they were excellent and so were the Ian Hendrick Band who did my cousin's wedding last April. I've also heard J90 do weddings but again, not sure if they do all the old waltzes etc. You could also have someone like Art Supple who would do all the waltzes etc and also a really good mix to get people up and dancing. My future SIL had Art Supple and we were on the floor all night - waltzing and all!! If you're having a DJ they'll satisfy all those who like the modern chart music. And if you've the money to spend another friend of mine had Simon Casey - he did everything and really got the crowd going! Hope this is of some help - will keep an eye out and see if any more crop up!