Question about carrycot mattresses...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

incognito11 Posts: 193
Can any carry cot (pram top for buggy) be suitable for overnight sleeping by adding the correct mattress? I would like to avoid having to buy a moses basket if possible so it would be great if the carry cot would do the job.
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I think it depends on what kind you buy. I know the baby style oyster and the icandy are suitable for it afaik
Thanks Mrs W, we're thinking about the Babyjogger city select. I didn't realise different brands would be suitable and others not... Just googled and it looks like the BJCS is not suitable - boo!
I have the oyster and its great but she's nearly out of the carrycot now, I did get good use out of it but I know others who bought them that didn't. It can be a pointless buy if you won't get the use!
I would use the carrycot a lot for walks I think, so I'm reluctant not to get it. The seat on the BJCS is only suitable from 6mts so the only alternative would be the car seat. I guess we can pick up a second hand moses basket and buy a new mattress, it shouldn't cost a fortune.
mamajen Posts: 2263
We used the bassinet on the uppababy vista for overnight sleeping
If you'll get the use out of it then go for it, I'd my Moses basket upstairs and use the pram for daytime sleeping downstairs so its very handy. A friend of mine tried to buy a mattress for a Moses basket and couldn't buy one separate anywhere so maybe look into that first
Will do - thanks a mil for the replies :thnk
sunshinebear Posts: 74
mothercare, mamas and papas, Argos and baby elegance all do mattresses for Moses basket and carry cots