question about cots

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
at what age does baby move from a moses basket into a cot? and when can they start sleeping in travel cots?
NotHere Posts: 10273
I think they can only stay in the moses basket for something like 8 weeks? Not sure though. As far as I know you can have the baby in the cot from birth if you want, you just place them at the bottom of the cot and don't use bumpers until they get to a few months old because of the rick of suffication. I've just realised, we're having baby in our room in moses basket but I don't want to cart him/her out at 8weeks and I don' think a cot will fit :o( Me thinks there'll be a lot of furniture changes!
mummy bear Posts: 3824
from past experience i kept dd's in moses baskets for around 10weeks then moved to cots.... travel cots babs can sleep in right away i am nearly sure, im sure someone will correct me though.. we too have bought a travel cot for my parents house for christmas time as we will be down in theirs for crimbo! HTH ginger
ginger nut Posts: 5989
thanks girlies - i was looking at our moses basket and it looks very small so i can see babs graduating out of it fairly quickly. Must start compiling a wish list for family and friends to start getting us stuff - can't believe how much this little mite has cost us already and he's not even here :eek we ordered our car seat and buggy today :o)ll and i did my first load of baby washing :lvs
NotHere Posts: 10273
[quote="Ginger Nut":1fnwn9aq] we ordered our car seat and buggy today :o)ll and i did my first load of baby washing :lvs[/quote:1fnwn9aq] It's so cool isn't it?! Really makes it hit home! Man I am so emotional today between thinking of all that kind of babystufff and Sphynx's good news!
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
DH suggested we put the baby in the Moses basket in the cot, that way when we want to move her from the Moses basket into the cot at about 8 weeks it wont be that big of a change for her.
Mrs J Posts: 387
DD was in her moses basket until she was about 12/13 weeks.She may have lasted another week or two there but we went on hol and she was in travel cot so there was no going back to moses basket after that. Most travel cots and cots are suitable from birth. Moses basket is convenient in that you can carry it up and down stairs for daytime naps (those were the days!).