Question about I Phones

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shoppergal Posts: 1179
For those of you have an i phone can i ask a stupid question. You know how you have all sorts of different apps and some of them are obviously web based do you have to pay each time you use them. For example I saw on another thread here someone asking about accessing their e-mail using their i phone. Would you pay for this and if so how much about would it cost. Would love to get one but if all the nice little extras are going to cost me a fortune every month there's no point.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Your email is free, and your data bundle will cover the online cost when you aren't in a wifi zone. Once you buy an app they are free to use. :wv
[quote="MrsAH":nk7vozwe]Your email is free, and your data bundle will cover the online cost when you aren't in a wifi zone. Once you buy an app they are free to use. :wv[/quote:nk7vozwe] oh cool, so if i was at home and we have wireless it would use that. What about when your out and about does it automatically pick up on wifi zones?
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Exactly. It will pick up any wifi when you are out and about. Some are open networks and some are locked.
Mama2Be Posts: 295
I have an iPhone with O2 and I find that I never go over my data bundle no matter how much I try, & believe me I have!! Some apps that you download use data when you use them, 2fm app for example. As the OP said your phone will pick up any wifi zones you are in which allows you to keep your data bundle. Browsing on the internet, emails etc does require you to log onto the net but this is all included in your package. I have 1Gb as part of my standard monthly package and have never even used half of it, even though I spend half my day on here and facebook on my phone!! gets me into bother in work every now and again, but I wouldn't change it all the same! HTH
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
I got one a few weeks ago - I'm addicted!! O2 have an offer on just now - I pay 40 euro a month and have unlimited downloads and free O2 to O2 calls and texts (I sound like an advert!!)-I think I paid 199 for the phone initially...for the 16GB one. I love it :o)ll
Well I'm sold. Siobhan, I was actually just looking at that offer on the O2 website, seems really good.
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
my BF got one too and my mum is swaying towards one - think they should have me on commission!! loads of the apps are free as well so it's great :)
Shannan Posts: 1334
Make sure that you check when you go somewhere that it is logged into the wifi where possible. A lot of networks will be security enabled, but once you put in the password once it will switch to that network automatically when you are there.