question about new driving regulations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rockstar Posts: 1815
a friends told me she heard that you are no longer allowed on a motorway if the you only have your full licence for less than two years... sounds a bit mad but anyone else i asked said they havnt heard anythin about it.... can anyone here shed some light on this?
marquise Posts: 595
:eek No that's not true - you are definately still allowed on the motorway! I got my full licence in May and I'm 100% sure of this! There is talk of bringing in restricted full licences where this would be one of the restrictions but I'm not sure if it is definately happening.
rockstar Posts: 1815
cheers!!!
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
That is so irritating.... once you pass your test that should be it...
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
My dad heard that on the radio, he said it has been in place for a long time now, it just wasnt enforced.
marquise Posts: 595
[quote="Mrs C 2B":2irkxkms]My dad heard that on the radio, he said it has been in place for a long time now, it just wasnt enforced.[/quote:2irkxkms] That law has never been in place. Once you have your full licence, you can drive on a motorway. The rules requiring a fully licenced driver to accompany a 1st, 3rd and subsequent provisional driver were always in place but never enforced.