Question about sterilising

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bunnybun Posts: 573
Hi girls, am sure this is a very stupid question but here goes anyway! I am breastfeeding but would like to pump and give his nibs a bottle of breast milk every so often! Baby is 3 weeks old so broke out the pump and steriliser yesterday! All went well but it's a steam steriliser (tommy tipee) and when everything was sterilised the bottles and bits from the pump were full of condensation! Am I supposed to just ignore the condensation and just proceed to pump and put milk in the bottles regardless or am I supposed to dry everything first ? If so how, as this would presumably render everything no longer sterile? Am confused!!! Thanks to clarify for this clueless first time mama!!
katiebaby78 Posts: 679
Don't get too hung up on sterilising! Just shake off the condensation. I remember being afraid to touch bottles that came from steriliser but as long as your hands are clean that's fine
ladymacbeth Posts: 713
there was another thread about this recently enough , about sterilising and cleaning pumps etc for expressing with good info and links to guidelines on it
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I wouldn't worry. They always have that condensation from the steriliser! It's completely sterile. I pumped once a day for four months with both of them, v handy to get a break!!
Mooches Posts: 875
Like others have said, just shake it off. I had a manual pump so if I was going to pump in the morning & again in the evening I just put the whole pump into a large ziplock bag and all into the fridge. Saved me sterilising everything again.