Question - esp those who miscarried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gone2007 Posts: 4182
My best friend is due her baby in the next 3-4 weeks and i am putting together a little goody bag of treats for her and pressies for the baby. But I also want to get her something to remember the baby she lost this time last year. Do any of you have any ideas? I thought something along the 'angel' line but nothing tacky. I have a beautiful angel holy water font ( you know the sort you hang inside the front door) that i inherited from my granny and i thought something like that would be ideal. Something with a practical use but that she could look at and know her first baby wasn't forgotton. But I have no idea where to get one.
clucky Posts: 26471
that is a beautiful idea Magpie i did this for a friend of mine on the internet named a star for the baby she lost dont know if you would consider it?
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Magpie, what a really nice thought you really are a nice friend..... But I don't think I would mark the m/c she had, (this is just MY personal opion though) This is her "happy" time for her new baby and I think that you should really just mark that and not put the two together, having had a m/c myself EVERYDAY I think of the baby I lost but I know if I was to get pregnant again and around the birth time that's the LAST thing I would want to think about, it really is SUCH a sad time and you really do feel SOOO low after it and I know when I am feeling happy I try my best no to think about it. Maybe after everything settles down you could maybe
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Sorry never finished my last sentence O:| “Maybe after everything settles down you could plan some trees etc. I know that really helped me.”
That's a lovely idea Clucky, I'll look into that, thanks :thnk
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
To be honest having went through a miscarriage myself I wouldn't like to be reminded about it just after giving birth to my first baby. Its not something you'll ever forget but its not something you want brought up either at such a happy time in your life. Its a beautiful thought and I know where you're coming from but because of the risk of maybe upsetting the girl I'd forget about it and just get her something nice for herself and something for the new born baby.
jen2 Posts: 3106
I think it is a lovely thought, but I would not do it after the birth of her baby. I have MC's aswell, and would not like to be reminded of them on the day. Last time I expecting twins and lost one during the pregnancy. The morning I was going into the hospital I creid for the twin that never made it, becuase I did not want to cry for him, after my other son was born. I wanted it to be a happy time. Sorry if I have offended you with what I have siad. Best wishes Jen2
Not offended at all Jen2, no I completely take on board what ye are saying. I might leave it for a while so. She doesn't talk much about it but she has the scan photo up in the house so i know she does think about it. I just want her to know that we do remember what happened and that it wasn't just a 'hiccup' to be glossed over.
mummy bear Posts: 3824
Magpie, no advice really just wanted to say you are such a thoughtful friend well done O:o) and im sure your friend really appreciates you
jen2 Posts: 3106
It might be nice to get her something before the bi day.. A little angel to put in the cot or pram. To look over this new baby. Jen2