Menu

Question for Diamant users

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

skittles Posts: 1312
just a quick question for anyone who got there engagement ring from tom at diamant, is the valuation included in the cost or do you pay for it separate. we recently collected my ring and have to go back at the end of the month to have it valued and dont know if will need to bring money or if it was included in the price of the ring? thanks in advance.
NowGone Posts: 8042
Hi there, The valuation is sepaate. Sure, Tom would have a vested interest if he was intrinsically involved in the valuation of the ring For that purpose, the valuation has to be seperate and independent from the sale of the ring. Tom simply recommends somebody. The fella is very good (can't remember his name) Basically, he'll examine your ring and tell you at the time it's value. He'll also tell you how much the valuation costs you, if memory serves, it's a percentage of the value of the ring. I think (don;t quote me) it's about 1 - 1.5% of the value he puts on the ring. You then send him a cheque and when he receives the cheque, he sendsyou the certificate.
skittles Posts: 1312
great thanks for that. by the way-to anyone else concidering using diamant,i would 110% recommend them.they are so professional. im delighted with my ring :wv