Question for those who have had two or more children..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hepburn Posts: 4081
When you went to the hospital throught out your second and subsequent pregnancies did they have the charts from your first pregnancy, and the records from your first delivery? I had a long labour, failed to progress, and after two massive scares with baba reacting to Oxytosin (sp), I had an emergency CS. Thing is I was so happy when it was all over I never asked any questions about why I hadn't progressed. Was it just one of those things? Is there a problem with my pelvis? Could it happen again?...Really feel a fool now as I had the same female consultant for all my appointments. She performed my CS, and visited me every day for the 5 days I was in hospital, and I never asked a thing. This was back in 2003. Will I be able to have these questions answered if and when I get pregnant this time?
grumpy Posts: 1280
Well, I had my first 12 years ago and had to ring records to get my hospital number reactivated and to make sure the info was sent up to the Domino midwives, so I'd say you should be able to get these questions answered after only 3 years!
ECK Posts: 38
HEY THIS IS MY 3RD CHILD THEY DON'T GIVE YOU UR LAST RECORDS YOU GET A NEW CHART BUT WHEN YE GO ON FIRST VISIT THEY WILL ASK YOU ABOUT PAST PREGNANCY AND EXPLAIN AND EVEN IF THEY DON'T EXPLAIN BEFORE YOU GO TO THE LAST STAGE YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CONSULTANT TO GO OVER YOUR LAST NOTES OF LABOUR AND ASK IF PAST PROBLEMS CAN OCCUR AGAIN I PRESUME YOU WENT WITHER PRIVATE OR SEMI SO AS YOU ARE PAYING IT SHOULD BE NO HASSLE
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Thanks girls....just thinking ahead!