Question for those who've had 20 week scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I know you don't need a full bladder but did any of you drink before getting scan to ensure baby was awake. I heard you should have a can of fizzy something to wake baby up. Anyone?
bellabella Posts: 2750
HI lms, how are you? i stupidly drank coke (never touch the stuff) and it affected the baby so much they keapt me in hospital for the day because the babys heartbeat was 190!!!!200!!!!!! 180!!!!!!!! went crazy for hour.THey strapped me to a trace machine and waited for the baby to calm down, i told them that i drank coke to make sure the baby was awakw and needless to say i got a stern talking to. Plus they said why should the baby be awake? They were not able to check anything such as the 4 chambers of the heart, head measurements until the next day because the baby was so hyper. Anyway best of luck.Enjoy every monent. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
hey bella, how you getting on? Thanks for that. I'll stay away from the fizzy drinks so. luckily I don't drink them anyway.
bellabella Posts: 2750
i?m grand, took me awhile to get used to everything bu thibgs are going well. More importantly how are you feeling? i loved 20 weeks because my next aim was 30 and from there on in i was on the last stretch of road. So exciting :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Can you belive how fast the time goes? You mind yourself and listen to your body, if you feel like resting REST. :xxx
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi LMS No I didn't drink anything for mine, the baby was moving and kicking around in there anyway so it was grand
breeze Posts: 1175
i just had my breaky as normal. When we went in for the scan he was sucking his thumb and moving around :lvs :lvs