Menu

Question on bottle feeding in hospital (Limerick Maternity)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bonzo Posts: 54
Girls, am due my first baby in September and plan on bottle feeding. Just wondering do the hospital supply the bottles and feed or do you need to bring them in with you?
The PDQ Posts: 954
All hospitals supply all milk and bottles, your not actually allowed to use your own.
Thanks for that!
The PDQ Posts: 954
No prob, they're glass bottles with disposable tops for them, you just use once and throw away. Most people bring loads home with them too :o0
melb81 Posts: 15
[quote="bonzo":t80tnt70]Girls, am due my first baby in September and plan on bottle feeding. Just wondering do the hospital supply the bottles and feed or do you need to bring them in with you?[/quote:t80tnt70]just a word of warnin be prepared for when u head in to limerick maternity im due my baby 1st aug and have some friends who nurse in there d older nurses can give you quiet a hard time and make u feel guilty for not breast feeding. my friend had her baby in there 3weeks ago and they reduced her to tears they said she was d only one on d ward not breast feeding. my friend reported the 2nurses in question but even when she was reporting them she knew d sister wasnt goin to do anything bout it. be strong and dont let them bully u was d advice i got. dont mean to frighten u anything but better to be prepared also, best of luck.
Delish Posts: 4176
yes limk mat is thronging with breastfeeding natzis, i was reduced to tears myself, i'll be wiser next time and wont be taking any crap from them.
No way!! Girls I didn't know it was like that out there. Thanks a mill for the heads up. Jeez sounds like they try to make you feel really guilty about not breastfeeding. Do you have to give them reasons why you dont want to? What do people say????
jellybaby Posts: 2316
[quote="bonzo":7b7ugax0]What do people say????[/quote:7b7ugax0] Tell them to F*CK OFF and mind their own business. Seriously, you'll only be there for a couple of days so don't take any sh*t from them!!!