Question re baby movements

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Septbride Posts: 380
Hi Girls, I have been off sick with a chest infection for the last 2 wks so haven't logged in. Just wanted to say Congrats to all the BFP's over the last few weeks and best of luck to those testing & ttc. I am 21 wks tomorrow and was just wondering how many of you felt baby movements at this stage. Everything I read say that baby should be moving around madly now - but I don't feel anything. I thought I could feel kinda butterfly movements at one stage, but now I'm not so sure. As their is slight disagreement with my dates (I feel I am only 19 + 4 wks) maybe its to soon. Have a scan tomorrow so please god all is ok. But just wondering about other peoples experiences? Thanks.
speedy55 Posts: 512
hey septbride, just to let you know i'm the exact same.i thought i got a kick yesterday but couldn't be sure. like you i'm worried all's not right but sure no doubt that's just me being paranoid again. i'm sure once the kicking really starts we'll forget we were ever concerned about it in the first place.
Miki Posts: 309
Hiya, I am 25weeks and like yourself, was very worried around the 20wk mark when i still had'nt felt anything. My sil was feeling kicks at 16wks, I only really started in the last 2 weeks, and the last week they are much stronger. dont worry, you will be fine. everyone is different - or have lazy little buggers!
Ducky Posts: 2506
Don't worry, it's common to feel nothing until at least 22 weeks with your first. I know one girl who felt nothing until 28 weeks and baby was perfect! Just quiet.
Septbride Posts: 380
Hi Girls, Not being dramatic when I say I have literally breathed a huge sigh of relief. I really don't know what I would do if I couldn't ask you fountains of knowledge all my woes. Thank you thank you thank you. sb xxx
AliB Posts: 59
I'm the same! 20 weeks now and not really sure if i'm feeling anything other than my digestive system gurgling - Can't wait to get a proper kick! don't forget to let us know how your scan goes!
luigi Posts: 867
Hiya, it was 17 weeks for me, but Im really really skinny and apparently that helps you feel movements quicker. I dont think its anything at all to worry about- you'll soon know all about it when you get a good kick in the ribs at 35 weeks! Lou.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Me too - Im only feeling ''definite'' kicks last week and this week so thats around the 23 week mark, before that I thought the same as you AliB that it was my stomach gurgling and stuff. I too was quite worried as people kept asking was i getting movement and all I could say was No and then they were looking at me funny !! Say Gp yesterday and checked the heartbeat and babs is fine. MrsNoc