Question re: cm

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

december29 Posts: 395
Im new to all of this ....so excuse my ignorance. since coming off the pill i have had one cycle that was 67 days. I am currently on day 31 of my second cycle. I havn't gone down the road of temping or anything like that yet ,as Im waiting to until my cycles go back to a more regular pattern. Anyway, my question is....do you only get cm around the time of ovulation or can you get it at other times too? I have had cm on 3 different occasions this cycle....around the Days 12/13, Days 20/21 and Days 26/27.
charlie crown Posts: 377
Hi there It's normal to have cm throughout your cycle - it's the changes in it that you need to mintor carefully. After Af you will again begin to see cm appearing, it usually starts as a quite sticky substance but as you get closer to ovulation it will go from sticky to creamy (a whiter colour), then to a more watery substance and when you are most fertile it will be a clear stretchy texture often compared to egg white- this is around ovulation time. Once you have ovulated cm usually dries up, but again this can be different form person to person. HTHs
december29 Posts: 395
oh, thanks for the info charlie crown. that makes sense!
charlie crown Posts: 377
Meant to say also, see the sticky above 'fools guide to ttc', that should help also - good luck