Question re: contractions?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Ive been reading up a lot about labour and getting little tips along the way. I read recently that real contractions start at the top of your belly (the fundus) and not at the bottom but my mother said hers started at a niggle at the bottom of her belly. It said that a niggle like that or period like pains were false labour or braxton hicks so just wondering others take on this?
lush11 Posts: 2877
Interesting! Just shows not to take those books to heart. Thanks
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Mine was like very bad period pains and all in my pelvis. They then got more painful. Never had the top of the bump thing either
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
mine were not near the top either, it was dead centre. the bh i have with this pregnancy is all in the back none at all in the front. best thing to do is to not "expect" whats there going to be like, every woman is different as is every labour.
Duffers Posts: 1841
When my contractions or surges (during established labour) came it was all in my hips! DH thought I was possessed rolling around the bed rubbing my hips! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Put the books away...each pregnancy and labour is different. Best of luck to you, hope they're very managable either way.