Question re. due date

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

annonTTCer Posts: 532
Hi. Just got my bfp on Monday. Have my first doctors appoinmtnet this evening. Do they tell you your due dtae at that first appointment or must they wait for blood tests, etc I'm completley new to all of this and as I havent told anyone yet i can't really ask friends or relatives any of these questions just yet as i am only about 4-5 wks (based on first day of last period) thanks :wv
Princess_Jessabell Posts: 291
hi anon, congratulations to you x the doc will go by your last period and determine ur due date from that. you will get a more accurate date when u have a scan in the hosp. best of luck x
petunia Posts: 1626
first off Congrats on your BFP!! The doc will give you an estimated due date based on the first day of your lmp, but basically its 9months from that date + 7 days. They could change it slightly in time with scans but thats the general way they count it! HTH!
annonTTCer Posts: 532
thanks princess jessabell and petunia. I think once i meet and talk to the doctor this afternoon i will feel a bit calmer. have been vy nauseous and have some sickness but i really thinks its more anxiety, excitment, etc rather than morning sickness as it started the day i was thinking of doing the test and more so since i got the positive result. thanks again guys