Question re Due Date

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
if i'm due jan 6th and had my last period on Apr 2nd how can i be 5wks already?
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
it's calculated based on the date of your last period as far as i know - doesn't make much sense to me but there you go!
letty Posts: 444
if my last period was on the 8th jan can you tell me how many weeks am i,,, coz my doctor is telling different???
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
17 weeks Letty?
Lucy D Posts: 91
you would be 18 weeks and your due date would be the 15th Oct 2006, gernally they always go from the date of your last period but in reality you probably only conceived two weeks after that but its how they calcalate out you due date but sure at the end of the day you could be early or late no one really knows for sure its just a guideline.
Em Posts: 146
Letty it's calculated as 40 weeks from the first date of your last period which would make you approx 18weeks. However your date could differs slightly from the doctor. They calculate from this and baby weight and size etc. There shouldnt be a huge differs between both dates. So anywhere between both dates could be your due date.
thanks mrs peg i knew you would know, thats grand you got the same as me,,, have scan next monday so just want to be sure.......just hope its not 2 coz im quite big now!!! so everyone keeps telling me.....
thanks girlies i got 17 weeks but will know next week with measurements of baby hopefully.... a bit nervous....... hope everything will be ok
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
I calculated it on this website www.due-date-calculator.com
corkrebel Posts: 744
Mrs E! the date of my last period was March 25th and my EDD is Dec 30th ...so sounds about right for you as I am 6 weeks since Sat ....and you are just about a week or so after me !!