question re early private scan??????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

atracta Posts: 120
For anyone who had a scan done at 8 weeks could you see the heartbeat? I am now 6 weeks pregnant and I was hoping to get a scan done in two weeks for reassurance that everything is going ok. I rang the clinic today and the girl working there told me that it's pointless coming in that early as they won't be able to see anything until 12 weeks. My hospital scan will be at 12 weeks anyway. I'm confused as I think that I read somewhere that the heart beat would be visible at 8 weeks. Any ideas???
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I was told you could see a heartbeat from about 8 weeks and I did at an early scan at 8 weeks 5 days. Best of luck.
thanks sphynx. Did you see the heart beat at that scan?
doh sorry just re read what you wrote so ignore the last question.
lal Posts: 403
Hi atracta, I had a scan at 7weeks 5 days or thereabouts and we could see the heart beating. It was all I could see actually, the rest was just a blob to me! HTH
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi Atracta, I had an early scan at exactly 7 weeks and we could see and hear heartbeat! It was wonderful, so emotional and reassuring and exciting. It was a little more difficult to make out much else, but the dco explained it. Lots of people had also given me the impression that we wouldn't see anything, but it was as clear as day. Be sure to have a full bladder and if you are on the slimmer side that also helps I believe. I suppose it also depends a lot on the equipment that they have available too. The place we went to was private so I can only assume they had the best available. Best of luck and hope you see :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :wv
cyberspi Posts: 103
which hospital said that? I had a bleed at 6w2d, went in to admissions and they did a scan there and then, saw what looked like a kidney bean with a perfect hearbeat and new everything was fine :) do you have a reason to look for an early scan? if so I'd keep pushing till you get it..
breeze Posts: 1175
I had a scan at 9wks3days and i could see the heartbeat