Question Re: Makeup Trial

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
I was just wondering how far in advance everyone had their makeup trials, or when they plan on having their trial ? I'm getting married at the end of June. My makeup artist will be away from Feb to May, so I can either go for the trial sometime in January or else wait until May. I was thinking of waiting until May, but just wondered what the norm was. Thanks :wv
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I got married in Mid July and hade my make up trial at the end of March.
duffgirl78 Posts: 160
I would get trial done before beautician goes away. Got make up done for a party recently with the salon that I was hoping to use for my wedding, wasnt at all happy with make up, serivce or price. Will not be using that salon now even though I heard lots of good things about them before hand. You will need to know more then a month before the wedding if you need a new beautician.
.... Posts: 667
woggie Posts: 830
I've tried 2 salons already and didn't like they way either of them made me up so have a third trial this Saturday in another salon. O:| If I'm not happy with this one I'm just going to do my own! :o0 So ... in answer to your op I would say definitely start looking now...just in case!!!
Twirler Posts: 1644
Have you got Ciara too? I have to get my trial before she goes away cos she's only coming back 3 days before my wedding. I'm sure it'll be ok though.
HamletBride Posts: 376
One of my BM is paying for my make up for the wedding as a friend of hers is a make up artist. I have seen her work before and really like it but she can't seem to get intouch with her and says she has someone else in mind but I have never seen her work so I am thinking of geting her to book the trial in Feb in case I dont like her, as a few of you seem to have had to shop around.
[quote="Twirler":3po5xnpk]Have you got Ciara too? I have to get my trial before she goes away cos she's only coming back 3 days before my wedding. I'm sure it'll be ok though.[/quote:3po5xnpk] Twirler - yes I've booked Ciara ! I was going to wait, as she will be back about 6/7wks before the wedding, but I have heard great things about her so I wasn't too worried about hanging on til she came back. Not sure what to do now as some wollies have pointed out it might be better to get it done now.
Twirler Posts: 1644
[quote="frankensteins bride":2s9lsadv][quote="Twirler":2s9lsadv]Have you got Ciara too? I have to get my trial before she goes away cos she's only coming back 3 days before my wedding. I'm sure it'll be ok though.[/quote:2s9lsadv] Twirler - yes I've booked Ciara ! I was going to wait, as she will be back about 6/7wks before the wedding, but I have heard great things about her so I wasn't too worried about hanging on til she came back. Not sure what to do now as some wollies have pointed out it might be better to get it done now.[/quote:2s9lsadv] You could always get one before she goes and then another one when she gets back if you're worried about the time between them. I can let you know how mine goes if you want!
Yeah thats a good idea. That would be great if you could let me know how you get on. Thanks Twirler :wv