Question re: Mat Leave

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SaJa Posts: 4282
Just a quick question about maternity leave as I'm trying to calculate the date I return to work. I know I'm entitled to bank holidays but I am entitled to the extra days when the office would be closed for holidays during christmas and easter. It would mean an extra week or so to me. So my question is, am I entitled to the days when the office is closed or is it just bank holidays that I am entitled to. Also, is good friday counted as a bank holiday. Thanks.
babyboo08 Posts: 295
I am entitled for days off for the 25th + 26th December and Good Friday. We don't close for any extra days over christmas so you will need to check with your employer what their policy is.
jarashow Posts: 3083
I would say you are SaJa, a friend of mine works in a university and she is so I would assume it's the same for you. As quinnru said check it out anyways.
Thanks for the info
happycamper Posts: 186
does your place make you keep holidays for those extra days off?? if not then i'd imagine your entitled to the extra days too.
[quote="happycamper":3ml555pl][b:3ml555pl]does your place make you keep holidays for those extra days off[/b:3ml555pl]?? if not then i'd imagine your entitled to the extra days too.[/quote:3ml555pl] No they don't, we usually get about an extras 5 days at christmas and 1 day at easter, so an extra 6 days to add onto my mat leave would be great. I suppose I'll just have to discuss it with them when the time comes.
mrscat Posts: 1082
I get my company days which are outside of holidays, so I assume it would be the same for you.
Mentos Posts: 155
I'm hoping to finish up early May. I'll have 26 weeks maternity leave, 16 weeks unpaid leave, will then take annual leave and finally holidays/bank holidays owed to me. I am entitled to all my annual leave for 2008 and next year. I'll be taking days off for: June bank holiday, August bank holiday, October bank holiday, 3 days @ Christmas, New Year's day, Patrick's day, Good Friday and Easter Monday. Should be coming back to work around 1st May 09 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll