Question re the Meet Ups

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*gone* Posts: 4785
In view of the impending Cork meet up, cos Cork is like a big town where you are BOUND to know someone who knows someone who knows you .... If you went to a meet up and realised that you knew a poster or knew their family / friends, would you talk about them afterwards to people? As in, would you say to your friends "You know that one Dizzy, she's Dopey's sister? Well herself and her boyfriend had a massive fight the other night! AND she's mad keen to get engaged by her boyfriend doesn't seem that keen!" It's one of my big fears about going to a meet up, that someone would know about me and that stuff would get back to my family / friends / H2B about me that I don't want them to know.
Baby Tigger Posts: 3394
I wouldn't imagine so Dizzy. I don't know to be honest but I have to say that if I said "do you know so and so? Well I met her at a meet up of people who all chat on a wedding related website" I would be the one who would be getting strange looks. Janey mac I think that people would think that I needed to be certified or something. I really wouldn't worry about it sweetie. As the saaying goes "what goes on tour stays on tour" and all that.
SaJa Posts: 4282
Hey dizzy, Kinda have that feeling myself but I'll just have to get over it.
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote:20po482k]I really wouldn't worry about it sweetie. As the saaying goes "what goes on tour stays on tour" and all that.[/quote:20po482k] exactly what happens between those 4 walls of the bar stays there - honest to god dizzy
*gone* Posts: 4785
[quote="Clucky":2owrq7f0][quote:2owrq7f0]I really wouldn't worry about it sweetie. As the saaying goes "what goes on tour stays on tour" and all that.[/quote:2owrq7f0] exactly what happens between those 4 walls of the bar stays there - honest to god dizzy[/quote:2owrq7f0] I suppose I just feel it's different with a Dublin meet up because you are less likely to meet someone you know, but walking down Patrick Street in Cork, you ALWAYS see someone you know from home!!
Dreamster Posts: 6620
[quote:2omey957]As the saaying goes "what goes on tour stays on tour"[/quote:2omey957] I agree with this. I would die a death if I met someome I knew and I thought they would tell all. If we all stick to the above rule, we should all be ok!!!!!!
pluto Posts: 3893
[quote="Cocoa":2tycy2j3]I wouldn't imagine so Dizzy. I don't know to be honest but I have to say that[b:2tycy2j3] if I said "do you know so and so? Well I met her at a meet up of people who all chat on a wedding related website" I would be the one who would be getting strange looks.[/b:2tycy2j3] Janey mac I think that people would think that I needed to be certified or something. I really wouldn't worry about it sweetie. As the saaying goes "what goes on tour stays on tour" and all that.[/quote:2tycy2j3] :o0 Exactly!! I definitley wouldn't be saying things to people about other people on this website. We def should stick to the "tour" rule.
Shin Posts: 8515
funny how we all fear the same things :o0
clucky Posts: 26471
i never worried about those things before. turns out one of the wollys on the first meet up owes me money from an old job i had - still waiting for that !! >:o) >:o) >:o) you know who you are