Question re waiting times in the Coombe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smurfette Posts: 522
Hi all, Hope that someone can give me some feedback on this. I am semi-private in the Coombe and have my first appointment with the midwife next week. I am going to the Coombe itself for this and my letter says to go to the Public Outpatients Department. Now my appointment time is for 2.30pm and I know I won't get seen on time, but does anyone have any idea what kind of delays I can expect? Am I looking at an hour or more? I work and live in Newbridge and DS is in a creche there....and I am just worried that I won't get back in time to collect him from the creche and if I need to make alternative arrangements. I had DS in the Coombe but I attended the clinic in Naas Hospital. But for some reason, they are not seeing semi-private patients there anymore. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :thnk
valentine09 Posts: 681
My first appointment in the Coombe was about 1hour 45 mins but they said it was very busy that day. You queue for your file, your urine tests, then for then for bloods and then for your scan. I hope this helps.
Thanks for getting back to me Valentine. I guess I'll arrange for someone else to pick up DS from creche and bring a book and some snacks for myself :wv
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Yep appt take around the the 2hr mark, q for file, they take history, urine,bloods then q for the scan. I was waiting longer for the scan then anything
Thanks for replying Volvic... silly question, but did you all bring your urine samples with you? Or did you have to do it there?
valentine09 Posts: 681
No there is loads of empty containers beside where you queue so you can pick one up there and fill it up. I would get someone to pick up your son as you will be stressing otherwise about getting back on time.
volvic35 Posts: 1118
They have containers there, I filled one up while waiting to see the midwife to take my history saved a little time. I would also get your son picked up or you'll be stressing, I was stressing to get in for my appt, which had my blood pressure up there were a little worried but said it was probably from the rushing in, so they took it again a few minutes later and it was fine.