Questions/Comments that drive you mad!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Idina Posts: 1289
I saw this on Let off steam and thought it would also be appropriate here! I probably have loads more but here are a few... People trying to force me to drink-"sure half a glass will so no harm"-I DON'T WANT ANY!!!!!!! People who DEFINITLEY know what I'm having-"It's definitely a boy/girl" People who are [u:2taw2pix]experts[/u:2taw2pix] and have not even had their own baby People who cock their head to one side and say-"how are you feeling" or "aren't you great to be out and about" -i'm fine! i'm not sick i'm pregnant!!! People who think you are doing it all wrong and they are always right- when I say i'm not eating soft eggs or under cooked meat "Oh i ate it and it didn't do me or the baby any harm" People who think it's a competition-like when they hear I wan't particularly sick "Oh that's not sick-I was really sick" or "my baby is dancing in womb etc etc" People who think it's free for all to rub my belly cuase there is a baby in there! There are probably loads more-i'll edit if I think of any others!
Spooner Posts: 274
People are really getting on my goat lately telling me that I have to start eating for the babys sake.....you'd swear I was suffering from some kind of self enforced anorexia........ I have morning/day/night sickness .......... I can't bloody well keep anything down!!
oirish Posts: 1541
My particular favourite - "Oh my god, you look awful!!!! - I thought you were supposed to glow when your pregnant ! "
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Or you're HUGEEEEEEEEE jeez I was that size when my baby was full term..........F U C K O F F
swissgirl Posts: 2301
"Gosh, you've quite a belly on you for <insert number> weeks" and "You know that cats are dangerous to pregnant women" (as poor cat looks on bewildered)
dovedro Posts: 1295
People who are shocked when they hear I'm coming on a night out or that I stay out late, I don't have a terminal illness and I don't need to be housebound for 9 months!!!
mrscat Posts: 1082
when you ask a chemist something....cue insanely condescending tone..."you really can't take anything/need to be careful when you're pregnant".....d'uh!! Also, "I knew you were"...how exactly when said people haven't seen me!!!
2006wedding Posts: 965
rather than a hello or some other normal greeting its - 'god you have some belly on you' or 'god you are so small for 6 mths' (depending on the opinion of the person) - i have been told i am huge by some people and then told i am tiny by others but thats beside the point!! why not greet me as a normal person rather than focus on my bump!! [quote="thistle":19dedlmg] People who are experts and have not even had their own baby People who DEFINITLEY know what I'm having-"It's definitely a boy/girl" [/quote:19dedlmg] - completely agree with you on these thistle, SO annoying!!
McMummy Posts: 1041
Spooner wrote: [quote:2cekx5e9]People are really getting on my goat lately telling me that I have to start eating for the babys sake.....you'd swear I was suffering from some kind of self enforced anorexia........ I have morning/day/night sickness .......... I can't bloody well keep anything down!![/quote:2cekx5e9] I get this all the time too along with "don't forget your eating for two now" and "oh god there's not a pick on you"
Chocolate Posts: 231
Don't forget, "It's all ahead of you!"