My opinion is to have 2 BM 4 or 5 would be mental and the cost of them. I got BM dresses online but still spend over 300 each on them.
Don't ask BM until a year before . I already explained what happened to me on topic how to ask bm or something like that.
The choice of church I would say go with the one you like the best. You'll only regret it in the end.
If your making your invites get H2B to help. Get him to go to Photographer with you and book one. Etc.
Not sure about bands as I got married in Kerry
1. I am having 2 but I don't think 5 is too many as long as H2B's young sis isn't a diva with dresses etc., although 5 will be very expensive!
2. I asked mine with a year to go.
3. I moved out of the parish I grew up in when we bought our house. Ex parish church is modern, yuk. New parish church is old and I thought it would be nice as it's where we are living now etc. Mum was a bit put out that I am not going back to my old parish but I am leaving from her house and doing the journey down to my new parish and ex-parish priest is travelling to say mass so it's a compromise. I love the old churches myself.
4. Jobs for H2B, cars, band, honeymoon, DJ?
5. Can't help you with the swing band!
Aww thanks for those replies girls!! Yes the BM dresses might amount to another mortgage!!!! Would be sooooo fun to have them all though : (
Have to ask them soon enough cos wedding is in 11 months!!
such a cool name
U have me all worried now about the swing band though! I'm gonna take the CD around to lots of different people n see what they think.
Yes! It sure is an
aaahhh I didnt mean to make you all worried
Bridesmaids - ya know, have as many or as few as you like! it's up to you and I've seen peopel go to either extreme and it worked perfectly. Just pick ones you'll still like in a couple of months lol
Ask them soon, so they know they're signed up!
Church: personally would go for whatever one holds the best memories
Glitterprincess - When's your wedding date??? Seems very close to my possible one - 23rd August 08 - saw it on your ticker. Ya it's a blast organising it so far! Everyone's so excited!!!!! Didn't expect so much hype! Mad!
Was the band u were looking at The Irish Ratpack - sounds familiar - say they would'a bee v. pricey though seeing as their apparently no.1 in Ireland. What band did u go for in the end?
7 days after ya were aug 30th 08