Questions from a B2B at sea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss_M Posts: 877
MrsKA Posts: 878
My opinion is to have 2 BM 4 or 5 would be mental and the cost of them. I got BM dresses online but still spend over 300 each on them. Don't ask BM until a year before . I already explained what happened to me on topic how to ask bm or something like that. The choice of church I would say go with the one you like the best. You'll only regret it in the end. If your making your invites get H2B to help. Get him to go to Photographer with you and book one. Etc. Not sure about bands as I got married in Kerry
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
1. I am having 2 but I don't think 5 is too many as long as H2B's young sis isn't a diva with dresses etc., although 5 will be very expensive! 2. I asked mine with a year to go. 3. I moved out of the parish I grew up in when we bought our house. Ex parish church is modern, yuk. New parish church is old and I thought it would be nice as it's where we are living now etc. Mum was a bit put out that I am not going back to my old parish but I am leaving from her house and doing the journey down to my new parish and ex-parish priest is travelling to say mass so it's a compromise. I love the old churches myself. 4. Jobs for H2B, cars, band, honeymoon, DJ? 5. Can't help you with the swing band! :wv
Aww thanks for those replies girls!! Yes the BM dresses might amount to another mortgage!!!! Would be sooooo fun to have them all though : ( Have to ask them soon enough cos wedding is in 11 months!! :o)ll
wannababba Posts: 1161
Hey Bridezillainthemaking such a cool name :o0 :o0 :o0 , I'd do for 2 bms personally as other wollies have said the cost of dresses and accessories can be quite expensive, with regards to the church Id go with your gut feeling as its normally the right decision, ask your h2b to look into the wedding cars and photographer if you want to include him, and witgh regards to a band we wanted a swing band aswell but anyone we said it to looked at us as if we had 10 heads >:o( >:o( , I dont normally allow people to dictate to me but on this occassion I relented and have agreed to look for anothre band (i had panic attacks about people just not interested that type of music and the dance floor was empty all night :o( :o( :o( ) but go for whatever you think will suit you best Good luck with all your plans its such an :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll time isnt it :o0
Thanks Glitterprincess! U have me all worried now about the swing band though! I'm gonna take the CD around to lots of different people n see what they think. Yes! It sure is an :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx :hic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aaahhh I didnt mean to make you all worried :-8 :-8 , its prob just my bunch of weirdo familys that dont like the rat pack/swing music like myself and my h2b, we LOVE it but didnt want to take any chances on an empty dance floor, good idea take a cd to your famiy and ask them what they think that way you can judge if they'll be into dancing to that, I tried to explain to my family that the band we were thinking of booking does an hour of rat pack and the rest of up-to-date music but would they listen no O:| O:| , ok my rant is over now :o0 :o0 :o0 thinking happy thought :o0 :o0 Good luck with your plans, Im ahving a ball organising ours, dont know what i'll do when it's all over :o( :o(
gerbil Posts: 3528
hiya BITM! Bridesmaids - ya know, have as many or as few as you like! it's up to you and I've seen peopel go to either extreme and it worked perfectly. Just pick ones you'll still like in a couple of months lol Ask them soon, so they know they're signed up! Church: personally would go for whatever one holds the best memories :) H2B: we divided jobs early on - he is band and cars and stuff like that; I am print designs and colours buit we both have a veto on each other's activities lol. we do everything else jointly - venue, themes, invitations etc I think if he's not into colour schemes no point in making him do that job, but he loves music and cars and things, then that's naturaly his job! Band: EEEK i'll leet you know when we find one :o0 :o0 :o0
Glitterprincess - When's your wedding date??? Seems very close to my possible one - 23rd August 08 - saw it on your ticker. Ya it's a blast organising it so far! Everyone's so excited!!!!! Didn't expect so much hype! Mad! Was the band u were looking at The Irish Ratpack - sounds familiar - say they would'a bee v. pricey though seeing as their apparently no.1 in Ireland. What band did u go for in the end? Happy organising!! :o)ll
7 days after ya were aug 30th 08 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll havent sorted the band yet as this only came to light last week so trying to suss out other bands now looking at Jack to Jack, the irish Rat Pack were coming in at approx 3- 3.5 grand!!! expensive but soooo worth it though.