Quick Q about spray tans

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*Lexi* Posts: 2600
hi just looking for advice here-going for a spray tan later on this evening and just wondering should i exfoliate/shave/moisturise etc now before i go or is it too late to do it?
GAA Fan Posts: 629
Definitely shower and exfoliate before getting it done (up to 1 hour) dont put on any moisturiser - if you have time shave but leave it about 2 hours before you get spray tan done.
Dee24 Posts: 608
Yes, exfoliate and shave, but dont moisturise or put deodorant on
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Agree with the others - shave and exfoliate. Make sure you do the bits like elbows, knees and hands more than the others as these bits can go darker than the rest. No perfum or moisturiser as you might turn green if you do! Wait until after you have a shower tomorrow to start your moisturising.
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
thanks for the advice girls really appreciate it :thnk
pixiebell Posts: 739
Hi Lexi When i got mine done for my wedding the beautican told me not to shave under my arms til after the tan is on because if u shave before hand it can leave white sweat marks under arms...so she advises shave under arms after tan
lovelybones Posts: 884
I'm a beautician and i always recommend clients to exfoliate and moisturise before a spray tan. DO NOT shave immediately beforehand! The tan will irritate the shaved area.
SparkleX Posts: 1057
My beautician would advise not to shave or moisturise before a spray tan. Just shower and dont use any cream or deodarant
lovelybones Posts: 884
Well if you have dry skin the tan is going to appear patchy in that area thats why i always advise to moisturise as the tan goes on more evenly.