Menu

Quick Question on makeup

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Estobesto Posts: 632
I was just wondering - Do i need to supply my own makeup on the big day or does the makeup artist bring her own? Whats the norm? :xxs
willful Posts: 6822
They usually bring their own-I think!
Estobesto Posts: 632
I suppose it might be a good idea to ask what brand they use before booking so... *)
ginger nut Posts: 5989
they bring their own - but are usually happy to use yours if you're concerned re allergies etc. My makeup girl used my foundation (i had a reaction to her foundation after my trial) and my lipstick but everyting else was her makeup
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
They definitley bring their own, I do anyway, but in a lot of cases, people like you to use some of their own.
Muffin, you a make-up artist? Would you be insulted if a bride asked to do her own mascara? Am a bit fussy about that bit :-8
Service Finder
Thats a good question!! Its always difficult to guage how much mascara a person feels comfortable with, its usually much much more than what the make up artist applies. And I actually often say to a bride "Please, by all means, go over this if you like, you may feel this is not enough". Any decent make up artist should be totally okay with any requests you have. I remember reading an interview in Heat with Nikki from Big Brother, and she was getting her make up done at the time of the interview, and they had to keep stopping it, because she was getting annoyed at the Make Up Artist being so scabby with the mascara, and just grabbed it from her and did it herself.
Ha, read that too! Not fussy about anything else, am so glad for someone else to do it because I don't really trust myself-but not with the mascara!
Is that a shih tzu pup on your avatar....awww....I love shih tzu's.
Not sure what he is TBH but he is cute isn't he?!