quick question re: bathing baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

princess! Posts: 348
do you bath your baby before you leave the hospital?
fabcards Posts: 541
the midwife showed us how to bath him and we both bathed him again bfore we left the hospital
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Yep we were the same. Showed how to do it...god it was nerve-wrecking.
silíní Posts: 4219
I missed the lesson on how to bathe baby in the hosp as i was quite unwell having had pre-eclampsia. So when i got home i asked the PHN to show us! Terrifying but luckily she loved it!
McMummy Posts: 1041
This was one thing that annoyed me about Holles St, when I came down to the ward the nurse said she would take DS and give him a bath and dress him. I wanted DH to at least go with her to see how it was done but she said she would show us again and that I should use the time to take a shower. When I asked about having another bath before leaving I was told they didn't have time as they were understaffed so we had to do our first bath at home on our own. We got on fine anyway as we had a bath with a hammock to prevent the baby slipping. We did it in the sitting room with the fire and candles lighting and soft music playing. DS loved it and has ever since so even if you don't get shown in the hospital you'll be fine.
steen Posts: 1335
Someone recently gave me the book - Yummy Mummy survival guide - it is very funny in parts as well as very practical and was only reading the other night about bathing baby and how nervous you can be and this inturn makes baby nervous. It suggested that you get into the bath (obviously not the baby's one :o0 ) together and it makes it more relaxing for both of you. Thought it was quick a nice idea!
whackywoman Posts: 1496
[quote="steen":9ud2dw1u]Someone recently gave me the book - Yummy Mummy survival guide - it is very funny in parts as well as very practical and was only reading the other night about bathing baby and how nervous you can be and this inturn makes baby nervous. It suggested that you get into the bath (obviously not the baby's one :o0 ) together and it makes it more relaxing for both of you. Thought it was quick a nice idea![/quote:9ud2dw1u] DD loves when I get into the bath with her which I don't do too often but I think it is that body to body contact, must do it again soon
sisi Posts: 169
I had my DS in the rotunda and a lovely girl bathed him (think she was a nurses aide) and showed us how to do it. There was a girl in my ward that had a premature baby so they asked if we minded if she came along too to see how it was done (obviosuly we said yes!). My Mam came to stay for a few days after I came home from hospital so the next time he was bathed I had her do it, and then braved it on my own after that and it was totally fine. I never used any of the bath seats or whatever, just used the bath from the changing unit and it was fine. It honestly will become second nature to you after that first one.
princess! Posts: 348
thanks for the replys ill bring my baby seat thing with me in case.