Quick question...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bgerk Posts: 118
I had my first doctors appointment today and all went fine. The one thing I was surprised about was that she didn't actually do a pregnancy test. I had been in for my blood test with nurse last week and she said all the results were fine (iron etc). Would they have done a pregnancy test in the blood test? Or do they usually take your word for it from a home test? I know you're all probably thinking why didn't I just ask, but when I was in there I didn't think to! Wasn't until I was driving back to work and realised she hadn't done one.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Same happened to me on my first visit. I did wonder why she didn't do one, but she said their ones aren't as sensitive as the hpt ones you buy in a chemist and can sometimes show up bfn, so maybe they just take your word for it... Congrats by the way! :thnk
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi Bgerk, I never had a PG test through a doctor. All home kits! My GP told me there was no point in her doing one! Think most of the girls here are the same or else it came up negative for the GP cause they're tests aren't as sensitive as the ones we buy!
Bgerk Posts: 118
Thanks girls. Kinda hoped she would do one, think it would feel more real for me then. I guess I just didn't want to get too excited until I saw the doctor and have her confirm it. Oh well, I did 3 tests myself all positive so that surely that's a good sign!
Emme Posts: 4735
I reckon you're fairly pregnant allright!!! Congratulations!! :o)ll Enjoy!!
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Presuem from the bloods they can see the HGC levels anyway which proves you are pregnant!
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Presume from the bloods they can see the HGC levels anyway which proves you are pregnant!
theoracle Posts: 7664
Hcg is not a routine test and it wouldn't be normally done unless they suspect pregnancy is not progressing as expected. GPs usually take your word for it, GOs that re-test are very few and far between, so not re-testing is perfectly normal as the commercially available pg tests do the business.
UndercoverBride Posts: 110
My doc did blood test and confirmed positive from that so they've probably done the test through your blood.