QUICK QUESTION......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

im waiting Posts: 2727
Do I have to have Pre-Marriage Course done before Registering the Marriage? Also is the Pre-Marriage Course only valid for a certain amount of time? Like basically you have to get married within 6 months of doing the course
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Pre-marriage course has nothing to do with meeting with the registrar so you don't have to worry about that! We did our course last December and are getting married next week so don't think there's a time limit!
JustBecause Posts: 3242
I'm waiting, I don't think there's any time limit on the pre-marriage course but they can woork up in advance so you should probably be booking one now. You don't need to have ti for the Registar's office but when you do your meeting with the priest he will ask about it.
mysteriousgirl Posts: 783
I don't think there's a time limit on the pre marraige course but there is a time limit of 6months from the date put down you are getting married eg Jan 1st you can change the date of the wedding to anytime within the next 6 months.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
The pre-marriage course is only a religious requirement, for some priests. It has no baring on the legalities and the registrar won't ask you about it. The pre-marriage courses don't expire as such so you can do it as far in advance as you want. We gave oursleves some breathing space and did it about 3 to 4 motnhs before the big day so we weren't overly stressed and hadn't loads of others things to be doing.