Quick Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Capetown Posts: 976
Are you having a seating plan/place names
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
I'm having a seating plan as in, names assigned to tables, but I'm not telling people who they must sit beside. You just don't know what politics go on between relatives etc, and you don't want to pressure someone to sit beside someone they might not want to.
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
wasnt going to but hotel pprovide one so will do it
Sunshine B Posts: 364
Same as muffinmel. Having a seating plan for tables but not specifying seats! Hope this helps Regards Richel [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:gj2it62x]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10101;104/st/20070831/e/Wedding/dt/5/k/739e/event.png[/img:gj2it62x]
Cailin deas Posts: 765
Same as Muffinmel! Too much hassle otherwise!
Thanks girls just as a matter of interest are ye putting relations and older people nearer the top table and the young ones down the back. Would you think that close friends might take offence to this? (younger people)
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
We were told we have to have one. I'm just going to have a table plan, & after that people can sit where they like
BirthdayBrideMarch Posts: 503
Seating plan again but not specific seats... When one of my closest mates got married we had to run to get a table and we ended up right at the back in the corner. I want the people closest to me in and around the top table.
So how do you prioratise who sits at what tables. Immediate family and Aunts & uncles. Will put them at the top. What about cousins Friends where do they come in? And who sits at the back. Don't want to offend anybody
Sunshine B Posts: 364
Well my brother got married this year and although we were in the first row of tables (if you understand) we were over to the side and very much out of sight. Did not think I would take offence but I did and in retrospect my brother was also upset with teh ways things ended up. I am going to have close family in front and everyone else to the side. As I say it is not something I would have thought of or been insulted by but none the less it is worth thinking of! Regards Richel