Quick questions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sassy Posts: 2269
Just looking at what time i can take of for maternity leave. I now i'm entitled to 26 wks but how much unpaid leave are we allowed take.
bellabella Posts: 2750
HI sassy , i don't know the answer to your queation. Just wanted to say a big hello. How are you feeling? :wv :wv :wv :xxx :xxx :xxx
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
There is a girl in work who will be out in total for almost a year and my company are not the most generous so I assume thats for everyone.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
16wks unpaid AFAIk
Thanks mamadora. Hi bellabella. Nice to hear from you . I'm doing fine. Still no major pregnancy symtoms, just a bump. Have a vist with consultant today so i will get to see junior again. Can't wait. How are you getting on? Do you just love it?
Idina Posts: 1289
16 weeks unpaid but you are also entitles to 14 weeks unpaid parental leave before the child is 8 so you could take this too
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
plus you can take all your hols and the bank holidays you missed while out on maternity.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="little mrs sunshine":1bjo66f5]plus you can take all your hols and the bank holidays you missed while out on maternity.[/quote:1bjo66f5] Some companies though (mine) require you to take the holidays you have accrued up to your maternity leave beforehand. For ex, I start mat leave next Monday so I had to take so many days holidays beforehand, the rest and the bank holidays I can add on. Hope that makes sense. It's best to check with your own company.
I'm meeting with HR next week to work that out. I'm going to ask if i can carry some days over and then take most of my days holidays for next year as well. Hopefuly i will finish start of jan and wont be back until middle of oct.