Quinn Healthcare

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redfly Posts: 358
Hi ladies, I'm going public in St. Lukes in Kilkenny however I do have health insurance but just wondering when i'm admitted to have the baby do i use this??? Or just be admitted as a public patient???
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
You don't have to use it. I have it also but never changed up to the family plan (you have to change at least a year before you give birth in order to be covered) so it's no good to me anyway. Also it will only cover so much so you still end up wit a big bill. I would say just be admitted as a public patient!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i went to Lukes. went private just paid the €3000 consultant fee and Quinn paid the rest. i'm on health mamager starter plan
marianf Posts: 5845
Your best bet would be to contact Quinn and see what you are covered for. I am sure you could probably get a semi-private room which they would cover. I am not sure why you'd have any bill from St. Lukes for your maternity, private or public??? You pay the consultant if you are private and your health insurance pays the accommodation (unless of course, you don't have any health insurance). I am sure if you intend using your health insurance for accomm purposes, you would need to tell the hospital in advance.
i didn't tell them. i supposewhen i claimed for maternity bras they expected it. i can claim 500e back from quinn and 20% using med1 form
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="funkyfish":3jv9wibb]i didn't tell them. i supposewhen i claimed for maternity bras they expected it. i can claim 500e back from quinn and 20% using med1 form[/quote:3jv9wibb] Seriously, can you claim for bras?????
one bar €39 i got a sexy black nursing one!!! :hic